I am dashing off to a wedding of the daughter of a dear friend and sending you this Sursee for Pumpkin Bread. This is a fantastic recipe that I make for Fall, package up for Thanksgiving Sursees for Neighbors and then bake again during the Christmas season. I love that I have the card in the handwriting of the cook, Shirley. Such a great lady. Such a great recipe that she wrote down for me once.
It is not the most healthy. But. It is good. So try it? Make it today and think of all the things for which you are thankful. Then share with your family or a friend.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbl vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 16 oz can pumpkin
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together
- Mix all the wet ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- mix well and then pour into 2 Loaf pans greased and floured (9 1/2 x 5 1/2 pans)
- Bake at 325 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- Test with a toothpick in center
- Freezes well
- Can add a cup of chopped pecans if you want!