Y’all this is it. The best of the best. A great egg casserole recipe to have on hand for breakfast or for a party. It is a great recipe to cut in half, too. Or, you can make the whole recipe and use custard cups to make individual portions and freeze them after baking and cooling.
This is an amazing egg casserole to serve at a special shower for a bride or a mom-to-be; it is a casserole that everyone who samples- loves.
It will soon become your go-to recipe for breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
A serving suggestion I have is to make it in individual custard cups; then pop out onto a bed of spinach. I also garnish with a half of an avocado and some cherry tomatoes, sliced on top. Divine. xoxo
- 10 eggs beaten lightly
- 1/2 c. flour,
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 lb. of mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 lb sausage browned
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 8 oz pkg mushrooms, chopped
- 1 5 oz box of spinach
- You can also add any other veggies you like-
- In a large bowl mix the first 7 ingredients.
- Brown the sausage and drain on paper towels.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, and spinach and add it to the egg mixture with the sausage.
- Pour all of this into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes.
- You can also use different cheeses if you like. In the past I have used parmesan, romano, asiago in addition to the mozzarella. You can use whatever cheese you like as long as the amount is the same.
- I also half this recipe if making a smaller amount. You can also bake this in small, glass Pyrex custard cups for individual servings. Can be frozen after baked.